Garmin GPSMap™ 721 Series
Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is pleased to announce the GPSMap 721 series. This range of marine plotters is either available as a standalone chartplotter, the GPSMap 721 or as combination chartplotter sounder, the GPSMap 721xs. They combine Garmin’s latest technological advancements with 60% more processing power than their previous range.
The GPSMap 721 series features a 7’’ Touch Screen WVGA display with Multi-touch Technology (Pinch Zoom) delivering high resolution imagery. User interface is via the backlight keypad which has been designed to keep it easy to use and intuitive. Supplied with a tilt gimbal mount bracket for easy installation, the GPSMap 721 series can also be flush mounted as well as flat mounted.
The GPSMap 721xs features Garmin’s HD-ID™ sounder with 1Kw of Sounder performance. The GPSMap 721xs also features a 600w CHIRP™ sounder module making it a very attractive option serious offshore fisherman. It also has a sonar recording feature. This feature coordinates the timing of the sonar return in relation to the boat’s position — so that returns on the sonar recording can be matched against the units track log for pin point accuracy when marking positions from soundings. Sonar recordings are saved to a microSD card to be inserted into the device for convenient post review in the Garmin HomePort software.
The GPSMap 721 series GPS receiver has been upgraded to feature the latest in high-sensitivity GPS receiver technology. The new receiver is a 10Hz Garmin GPS/GLONASS receiver which updates position and heading 10 times per second to display fluid vessel movement as well as dramatically improve your ability to accurately mark and navigate to waypoints.
The GPSMap 721 series is Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® enabled for remote pairing and can connect wirelessly to tablets and smartphones for use with the Garmin BlueChart Mobile app. The GPSMap 721 series also supports Fusion-Link for audio integration with the range if compatible Fusion-Link radios.
The GPSMap 721 series comes preloaded with a worldwide basemap but accepts Garmin BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision format cartography for advanced marine and fishing charts data.
The Power of Simple – the perfect essential series combo plotter from Garmin.
- Combination GPS chartplotter with a 7” Touch Screen sunlight readable WVGA (800x480), auto-dimming display
- Built-in 10Hz high-sensitivity satellite receiver for highly accurate position, velocity and time data 10 times a second
- Offers true position and heading data smoothly and accurately – especially evident when coming out of turns
- Extraordinary low speed performance – key when trying to hit a specific mark or waypoint
- Supports multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems – including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo2, QZSS2
- Faster zooming and panning thanks to 60% more processing power than previous generation
- GPSMAP combo models offer complete sonar versatility – will support multiple sonar technologies
- Built in 600W CHIRP capability
- Built in 1kW capable sonar with Garmin HD-ID target tracking technology (50/77/200kHz)
- Superior resolution and target separation in both shallow and deep-water
- Sonar recording feature that saves to a microSD card when inserted into the device
- NMEA 2000 and 0183 certified for seamless integration with the Garmin marine lineup
- Wirelessly connect to tablets and smartphones via Wi-Fi® for use with the BlueChart Mobile app
- Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology – wirelessly connect to a compatible portable device for control of your media player from the new GPSMap 721 series
- Connect to a compatible FUSION-Link capable media system and manage virtually every aspect of the boat’s media experience
- Multiple mounting options – new bail mount and flush mount designs with cable management or choose our all-new exclusive flat mount option
- New refreshed user interface makes unit operation easier than ever
- Dual microSD™ card slots for optional mapping and/or user data
- Support both BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision Maps
- AIS and DSC support
- Waterproof design (IPX7)
2 Supported when available; a software update may be required at that time