Garmin echoMap™ 70s
Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is pleased to announce the echoMAP 70s. This essential line of marine combo plotter combines touch Screen technology into an entry level combo plotter to deliver advanced performance and customer satisfaction.
The echoMap 70s features a 7’’ Touch Screen WVGA display delivering high resolution imagery in the most challenging environments. Multi Touch or pinch zoom technology keeps it easy and intuitive to use. Supplied with a tilt mount bracket for easy installation, the echoMap 70s can also be flush mounted as well as flat mounted.
The Garmin HD-ID™ sounder built into the echoMap 70s boasts 500W of Dual Beam Sounder performance at 200 and 77kHz with an approximate depth range of 580m pending the water conditions. The echoMap 70s also features a unique sonar recording feature. This feature coordinates the timing of the sonar return in relation to the boat’s position — so that returns on the sonar recording can be matched against the units track log for pin point accuracy when marking positions from soundings. Sonar recordings are saved to a microSD card to be inserted into the device for convenient post review in the Garmin HomePort software.
The echoMap 70s GPS receiver has been upgraded to feature the latest in high-sensitivity GPS receiver technology. The new receiver is a 10Hz Garmin GPS/GLONASS receiver which updates position and heading 10 times per second to display fluid vessel movement as well as dramatically improve your ability to accurately mark and navigate to waypoints.
The echoMap 70s is Wi-Fi® enabled for remote pairing and can connect wirelessly to tablets and smartphones for use with the Garmin BlueChart Mobile app. The devices facilitate for wireless transfer of route, track and waypoint data for efficient user management.
The echoMAP series comes preloaded with a worldwide basemap but accepts Garmin BlueChart g2 format cartography for advanced marine and fishing charts data.
The Power of Simple – the perfect essential series combo plotter from Garmin.
- Combination GPS chartplotter with a 7” Touch Screen sunlight readable WVGA (800x480), auto-dimming display
- Built-in 10Hz high-sensitivity satellite receiver for highly accurate position, velocity and time data 10 times a second
- Offers true position and heading data smoothly and accurately – especially evident when coming out of turns
- Extraordinary low speed performance – key when trying to hit a specific mark or waypoint
- Supports multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems – including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo2, QZSS2
- Powerful 500W dual beam sonar (77/200kHz) that reaches as deep as 580m¹ sounder with our exclusive Garmin HD-ID target tracking technology
- Sonar recording feature that saves to a microSD card when inserted into the device
- Wirelessly connect to tablets and smartphones via Wi-Fi® for use with the BlueChart Mobile app
- Multiple mounting options – new tilt mount and flush mount designs with cable management or choose our all-new exclusive flat mount option
- New refreshed user interface makes unit operation easier than ever
- Dual microSD™ card slots for optional mapping and/or user data
- echoMap 70s is compatible with BlueChart g2 only and not BlueChart g2 Vision®
- AIS and DSC support via NMEA 0183
- echoMap 70s does not support NMEA 2000
- Waterproof design (IPX7)
1 Depth capacity is dependent on water salinity, bottom type and other water conditions
2 Supported when available; a software update may be required at that time